I’ve already done the Mr. Clean thing. But at the request of 1 friend who suggested I create it (Nate), and another who suggested I post it on Yarshblog (Shorty), I give you an updated, 5-minute photoshop of Mr. Clean with an Afro.
[tags]Yarsh, Mr. Clean, Photoshop[/tags]
Oh man. I like Mel Gibson, I really do. I think he is a fantastic actor. Braveheart is one of my top 5 all time favorite movies. But he does have a drinking problem. And he said some anti-semitic things while drunk… He asked for forgiveness. I forgive him.
But now he has a new website to explain his, erm, remarks – I Hate Juice dot com.
It’s messed up, yet it’s a bit funny. Someone had too much time on their hands to create this in 1 week.
[tags]Mel Gibson, I hate Juice[/tags]
I have recently seen some funny videos on the web, so I wanted to spread teh funny wealth.
1. Darth Vader being a smartass: OMG! This is just classic. It definitely helps if you have some knowledge of Empire (and the scene this was taken from).
2. Frustrated Mac User: I may have posted this before, but it is extremely teh funny.
3. Pirates 2 crushes Aquaman: Apparently somebody negleted to tell this CNBC reporter that Aquaman was a fictional movie directed by James Cameron and starring Vincent Chase (from the fantastic HBO show Entourage – If you haven’t seen Entourage, go get seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. You will not be disappointed).
4. The Nickel Trick: Probably one of the best billiards shots ever invented.
5. Video Made the Internet Star – Not the funniest thing ever, but extremely creative use of treadmills.
6. Fall Out Boy – Sugar, We’re going down – The misheard lyrics. In video/MSPaint format. The one that started them all (at least for me – thanks to Daniel Almaraz)
7. Nightwish – Wishmaster: The misheard lyrics. Another video along the lines of the Fall Out Boy video above. Fantastically cheesy song.
8. Dream Theater – Only a matter of Tyme: The misheard lyrics. In this case, Thyme is even misspelled. Uses live footage as the video, but the words are good and it is my favorite band…
9. Dream Theater – Innocence Faded: Another DT misheard lyrics. And only pictures for the video, but funny lyrics.
And I’m spent. If you know of any funny videos that you think belong in a post such as this, let me know.
UPDATE: I removed the embeded video from these links because they were causing my site to load… poorly. – Yarsh 08.15.2006
[tags]Misheard Lyrics, Mac User, Darth Vader, Funny Videos[/tags]
I subscribe to a “unofficial” Dilbert comic RSS feed, and yesterday’s was good enough for me to manipulate a bit and post for you all to see…
Make your own conclusions. (the hair and the image’s alt tag should give you a clue)
[tags]Dilbert, Funny Cartoon[/tags]
I was editing my earlier post on movie mash-ups/recuts, and I found a couple of new ones that I wanted to share with you. So, here you go.
1. School of Rock
2. Garden State
3. Scarface (not the best, but good enough to watch)
[tags]Movies, Mash-ups, recut, School of Rock, Garden State[/tags]
For some reason, Group 2 came up today in conversation. I was conveniently reminded by Mark of a wallpaper that I created to coincide with the wonderful Group 2 category that I found myself conveniently placed under…
I still haven’t even begun working with my new blog software, but I did want to make a post for Rickey.
This weekend, I showed him a couple of the really funny Movie Mash-ups / Recuts that have been all the rage recently on the net. We had some good laughs and I promised to find more. So here is a list of the ones I deem to be the funniest. If you have any more to share, let me know via comments or email.
All of these videos can be seen at YouTube, or you can click on anything other than the Play button on each of the videos to see them in full size.
1. Shining (Recut trailer for The Shining – the one that started it all)
2. Brokeback to the Future (Mash-up of Brokeback Mountain & Back to the Future)
3. 10 things I hate about Commandments (Mash-up of The 10 Commandments & 10 things I hate about you)
5. Titanic Two The Surface (Mash-up of several Leo movies to create a sequel to Titanic)
7. Toy Story 2: Requiem (Mash-up of Requiem for a Dream & Toy Story 2)
8. Top Gun (It just had to be done…)
9. Sleepless in Seattle (as a horror movie)
10. You’ve got Mail Redux (You’ve got Mail scene, redone with today’s chat standards)
11. Neo vs. Robocop
12. Taxi Driver (a romantic comedy)
13. Chicago (the musical is now a horror)
[tags]Movies, Mash-Up, Recut, Shining[/tags]
I know what you’re thinking, “Yarsh is the Awesomest among the Awesome.” And you’d be right. But recently, it has come to my attention that my Awesomeness can never eclipse this simple image:
Great. Now what am I gonna to do with my life???
Despair, Inc’s Demotivational posters / Spoofs of Despair, Inc’s Demotivational posters
My brother, in the past, has written about the wonders of YouTube. You can find some great videos (and some terrible ones) on there, all for free viewing. Recently, I found that you can integrate their videos into your own personal website. The only “quirky” behavior that these videos have is dependent on where you click. If you click on the big Play button in the middle of the screen, or on the small Play button in the bottom-left timeline, it will play the movie directly from this page. However, if you click elsewhere in the video screen, it redirects the browser to that particular YouTube page (new window in IE, or new tab in Firefox). But hey, it’s still sweet that you can do this. Mad props* to YouTube.
Anyways, I thought I would pass along one of my recent favorites: Brokeback… To The Future.
*(of course, it breaks my HTML 4.01 compliance…)
The RMC has nothing to do with The DCtm. It was “The Rumsfeld-Mineta Challenge” – at least it was known as this online. The players knew it as “The Richard Moore Challenge.”
I devised a game, in which players would submit words or phrases for use on a target. The target was unknowingly being barraged by bizarreness from straight-faced friends, while in the meantime the players were scoring points for using said words/phrases. The rules were simple: You could not use a word or phrase that you yourself had submitted; When you used a word/phrase, there had to be another player present in order to verify that the word had been successfully used; Once a word/phrase had been used, it could not be used again. Sounds like fun, eh? It was.
Mark ended up winning by a large margin, mostly due to accessibility to the target. Below is an extensive list1 of words/phrases used successfully (by any player).
- “Swimming Upstream”
- “Stacked Deck”
- “Conficius Sayâ€¦”
- “Coarse Grained”
- “Highly Dubious”
- “Best of breed”
- “wee bit”
- “Richard, you’re adorable”
- “Psychic Vampire”
- “Crocket and Tubbs”
- “John and Mark are Doodie Heads”
- “Who let the dogs out”
- “cooked salami”
- “Avast, ye scurvy dogs”
- “Danger Will Robinson”
- “Hand Cannon”
- “My heiny’s getting itchy”
- “Oh for meow’s sake”
- “White Shadow”
- “bilge pump”
- “You are a real trooper”
- “Hot dogs & Chili”
- “Sit on it”
- “Mack the Knife”
- “Chocolate Babies”
- “Soylent Green is people”
- “Jell-O Mold”
- “Sock Puppet”
- “Wankel rotary engine”
- “Weiner schnitzel”
- Wife Swaping
- “On ‘Queer Eye’ the other night”
- “Just your Jive Talkin”
- “Oh ooh Sheila”
- “Fat guy in a little coat”
- Richard whats happening? Oh Oh!
- “I am drinking an import beer”
- “Oh – I got a case of the Wiggles!”
- “Anal Bum Cover”
- “Richard, you are Lando”
- “Skank Rocket”
- “Paper Or Plastic”
- “I like girly drinks”
- Who let the goat out of the bag?
- This one time, at band camp…
- “Ultra Reg-Value is corrupt”
- “The Richar-Pedia”
- “No talent Ass-Clown”
- fo’ shizzle
- “Ballard Class Idiot”
- Salt Lick
- Marlboro Man
- “When I bought a $300 Lightsaber online”
- Spank my butt…
- You sir, are racist!
- Hey Richard! Who won best in show?
- The Rich-meister … making copies
- Have you ever seen my biceps?
- I’ll Nickel and Dime you to death!
- Have I told you lately that I love you?
- Chewbacca, what a wookie
- ciabatta, what a cookie.
- You work at Penetrode?
- Wave of Babies
- Enter Sandman
- Terminal Velocity
- Psychological Warfare
- 13th & Van Buren
- man boobs
- full nelson
- “Father Nelson”
- That was a wicked googly
- clubbed foot
- heâ€™s a real go getter
- Super Special
- Super Silly
- Super Sassy
- If you want my body
- and you think I’m sexy
- what you talking about willis
- c’mon baby let me know
- cool beans
- I think Michael Jackson is innocent…
- Let’s torch this place… No, seriously. Let’s do it!
- Huge tracks of land
1 I didn’t have time to run these all through spell check, so you can just deal if there are typos.